How do I remove the shading on the fillable fields?
The shading is a global option…a toggle that gets turned on or off. When I created the form, I wanted you to always be aware of the fields, so I set the control to Always (on). Here are the Word 2007/2010 steps to change the option to Never (off).
- Open the form and stop protection so that you can make a change to the form.
- Click File, and then Options to open the Word Options menu.
- Click Advanced, and then scroll down to Show document content.
- Locate Field shading, and then pick Never from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog to save the change. The shading on fillable fields disappears. The fields are still there but not showing.
- Start protection again so that your form cannot be changed.
I'll be adding this new post to the Fillable Forms Archive post.