Monday, September 10, 2012

Gonna Be Missing for Awhile

I've started working on the Florida State Genealogical Society (FSGS) newsletter for October. I only have this task three times a year (published February, June, and October).

The October issue is a sensitive one because it includes more of the final details of the FSGS annual conference. The current president and board members have worked and worked and worked on this conference. They are attempting to change the format and the focus. The conference isn't in any trouble per se. However, RootsTech along with a few other events went a long way toward elevating expectations and the FSGS is attempting to exceed those expectations for FSGS members. My part in all of this is to layout a newsletter that promotes the FSGS's goal to morph from the same old same old to new and improved...I mean really really new and improved.

Sorry to say that this is the first FSGS conference I won't be able to attend in many years. I'm going to miss what looks to be the best FSGS conference ever. But it can't be helped. The tides are agin me.

The upshot for you dear reader is that I won't be posting much during the next few weeks while I tinker and tinker with the newsletter. When I do start posting again, I need to post about (not necessarily in this order):
  • How to show legacy form buttons on the quick access toolbar (Word 2007/2010),
    which I mentioned but don't think I've walked you thru yet
  • How to find buttons that aren't on tabs and put them on a custom tab (Word 2007/2010),
    which is an alternative to placing them on the quick access toolbar
  • How to use Avery templates to create a different type of fillable form (Word 2003, 2007, 2010)...I love Avery (www.avery.com).
I can see from the statistics that several readers--perhaps new readers--are going back and reading older posts. I hope you find them helpful.

P.S. Have you played with paper.li yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment