Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pinterest: Pick a Name and Stick with It

In my zeal to oganize my Pinterest boards, I renamed one of them. When I clicked Save, I managed to rename the public URL...the address of the board...which broke the link to the board. From what I'm reading, anyone who shared the board on Facebook or added an online bookmark to the board got dumped. The next time they attempt to use the link they will get the dreaded 404 error...Page not found. In addition, if the board was liked on Facebook, I just dumped my count, which is reset to zero.

My best advice is to think long and hard before you name a board. If you want to use a naming pattern, plan it out early. And once you pick a name for a board...stick with it!

The good news in all of this is that I haven't had much time to play with Pinterest, and so, I only had a few links broken. I sorta feel a need to apologize to the people I accidentally dumped! However, on Printerest, tracking them would be impossible. After you pin something and it gets repinned, you quickly lose the thread of any further pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment